vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Loosing my AFL virginity........

Well wasn't last nite a amazing nite to remember... started off a bit rocky and running bit late but once we got settled and start its was a great....

Nooo I am not talking bout other stuff, maybe u should get ur mind out of the gutter, I am talking about my first game of AFL, 2010 premiers collingwood vs Carlton...

Now woweeee what a game, wat a ground, what a atmosphere... words can only describe the feeling just a fraction..

This is a stadium that can hold 95000 seating and 5000 standing, So you can only imagine the feeling of the crowd, last nite was a total of 88000 people in one place to experience and watch one game, a game that is supported by 1000's of aussie, whom i have never come across such passionate people about their team. I even reckon u could get a job depending on who you support..

So you can imagine how I was feeling someone who has never seen a game of afl besides a little bit on tv here and there, I was blown away and so excited to break my afl virginity and see one of the biggest matches for the season,

Took a little time to get there as we got a little lost, but once we found a pub, Jess, dale and myself were able to relax before it was time to head off.... As we headed back to the mcg after a few quite ones to get us started, we got to walk with the crowd which is a mixture of Carlton n pies supporters, awesome, then we got there and walk into the stadium and OMG it was amazing, our seats were up where the nose bleeders are, but i loved it, we saw the whole game the crowd oh woweee,
mind u I did get a bit bored as I don't know the rules and my gosh the game goes forever...... Final Qtr we went down stairs to stand and found ourselves  full of pies supporters , drunk and yelling abuse the Carlton, ahah man it was great....

The support and the fan base is amazing, compared to league, I think afl are doing it right and league needs to take a leaf out of their book.

Well we didn't make it to the sport museum yest, so Dale and I went today... and OMG another amazing day, to learn about the history of our sporting heroes, and the development of a great nation of talent. Dale and I lost track of time and spent 2.5hours there, I must admit my fave part was the game interaction, were we got to race on bikes, shoot arrows for archery, run the batter out, kick a goal, hand ball the ball, shoot the hoop for netball, Soooo much fun, I think this was our fave part,
We even saw Warnie in real life..... narh not really but its seemed like that, and he told us about his experience at the mcg, getting his hatric, and captaining a one dayer, then we saw some other lad from Essendon which was another great story about his time at the MCG....

Those who have not been their should put that on their to do list, just to have the experience and gain that feeling of being part of the ground. And i pay respect to those athletes whom have got the opportunity to play at the MCG with a sell out crowd, It would be a greater high than taking any drugs, the adrenaline running through ur body...... got goose bumps talking about...

So no I did not get laid, but I did see my first AFL game...

No comments:

Post a Comment