vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend at Phillip Island

Well what can I say..... well before I start my week journy..

I just want to commend the Tourism Victoria and Phillip Island, as they are one state that has got the tourism right on the island and I went in the off season..

Well trishy and I were off down the freeway to phillip island, we stayed and All Season Eco resort, Which was pretty cool. Everyone had their own little cabins/hut self contained, and they were cute, you could easily live in them if it was for one or 2 max.

Once we got their we did not feel like doing much as we been driving, so we got some din din, choices on Phillip island is Pizza, pizza or fish n chips or pizza... So we had some pizza and our waitress was what could I say to put it nicely... rough like....
Then we went to the bottle had a bet with the cashier that it was not going to rain tomz or all wkend..... we had pasion pop on the table... we walked outside n got back to bushpig ave (bushpea ave, but sounds like bush pig when the guy told us our st... lol) n it started pissing down... and I am pissing down.. trish ran to the verandrer to open the door.. n I trip up the step.. (i acutally missed the step all together) but made it inside..
So dried off n showered to start our nite of bubbles of pop n facials...

Saturday morning came... it was not raining.. old mate owes me a bottle of pop!! We had breaky cooked my faveorite... up thats right poached eggs.. Then we were off

We started the day with the MAZE... now pretty sure we were the 2 biggest kids there.. its was so much fun so tricks and walking through glass mazes and the great drop.. now that was a scary moment.. I had to hang in the air with my clamy hands and dangle then drop... Wowee it wats a bit fun.... then I needed to get out for some fresh air because all of those mazes n adventures was making be dizzy...

So off we went to the grand prix track... Fair bit hotties out there, few farmers (some looked like they were going on the next farmer wants a wife) so we walked around the track, played on the slot cars n I flogged trish... There was open day for general riders and you can hear the motorbikes from far far away..

Then the day is not over yet.............

We went to Cowes Jetty to step on board the boat to take us out to seal rocks... the weather was over cast, chilly with a cool wind and the seas where getting choppy, we had to get onto Bass Strait... it was not too bad but sitting outside made it a whole lot better i think, we finally made it to seal rocks. and my gosh I have never smelt something so stinky (well I can think of one other place) but woweee the seal a one smelly animals but it was cool to see them chilling... Then it was time to head back to land, and the sun had come out, and Trishy n myself had a nice afternoon nap on the boat I had a cuppa tea n then it was shut I time... sooo good as our day was not nearly over yet..

Got back to the island to have the markets on, Was not sure what to expect and aha yes it was a little markets.. more food stalls than any other stalls but we did get some honey, n tasted a few things before we head out to Nobbies...

At nobbies is a function centre overlooking Seal rocks and the ocean, They have a board walk out to the blow hole, but due to the tide being low, we did not get to see it in action, But I did help soem asian take PHOTO.. then I climbed under board walk still on it just sticking my head under to seeee some of the cutest things ever... PENGUINS....

Once we got back up to the centre we got a tickets for the Penguin parade.
Now this is something everyone should some and see and yes this is where Victoria has done it right.
I calculated that the nite we were their, there would have been about 2000 people and lets think about this ok... so ticket for general admission is $21.80 p.p got the figures in ur head.... now they are already on a good wicket, but hand on kids n adults need to each and each meal is $14.95 so lets say 1500 ppl ate... $$$$$$$ oh hang on don't forget the gift store $$$$$$ now this is just on a Off Season night, can you imgaine the coin they roll in during peak season...
Minus all the wages n expense, way way out in front!! again Well done victoria tourism.

ok back to fun side... the penguin parade was the coolest thing ever seeing the lil guys come out of the  ocean and onto the land.. Penguins have the great life.. why u say, well they swim n surf all day out in the ocean then come in at the end of the day to sleep in warmth with the families... then its happens all over again.. but as they were coming on the beach shake their bellies and off the waddled and their is always a lil one that drags the chain... 

What a great day finally it was the end of the day and it was time to go home to our eco hood.. as soon as I laid down my lights were out......

No comments:

Post a Comment