vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Strahan to Hobart

OMG wat a chilly nite and morning in cradle Mt, Woke up and I just did not want to get out as it was freezzing but time not to waste, I was up and add it,

I am getting faster n faster pulling down vinny, (only because i did not unpack my car lol) but I was done and off on my walk at 9.35... Yeah I decided that I was in no hurry so i'd just do another short walk in cradle valley, 8km.... then have another look at dove lake as the their was not a cloud in the Sky... and OMG amazing or should I say the guy I saw there... HOTTIE....
No I did not go and talk to him I needed to catch  my breathe...  and my bus was there so I had to Quickly jump on to start my leg to Strahan...

Now the way u prounce this town is -(STRAW-ORN) well thats how i have been saying it....

Ok just going back a few day just before I  was to get off the boat and eldery man told 'the west coast drive to Hobart is a rough drive' me going yeah oh really (but not really taking the conversation in) Should have bloody listened..
So I left cradle mt which was a bit windy, ok well the easiest way to explain is - Grab a peice of paper and draw a squiggly line from left and doesnt matter how it goes just does not over lap, (needs to be very squggily) or time MT Buller and Dorrigo Mt times by 10 thats the trip from Cradle to Hobart, and I am bloody gald I drove or I'd be spewing my hole up all the way, sooo windy and leaving Queenstown, undescirbale

Tasmaina is one amazing state, I went from amazing ocean side to ruggered forest and mt tops to a beautiful seaside town- through a minning mountain to lush green rain forest to farming land all in a matter if 4hours.. I guess you can do that in NSW as well but nothing can compare to the tasmainan widlerness...

When I got to strahan check into the caravan park and my neighbours were the ame neighbours from cradle.. funny... well i headed into town (walked-think i'd done enough walking for the day) and asked a shop keepers where the town centre was.... (one way to offend the locals) as I missed all the crusies and train trip
I went a play which is run my the town folk about the history of Strahan and Sarah Island.. I got involed I was the parrot on the ship... ahah one way to look like a fool.. but it was fun and different and good to hear our history.. I was planning on gonig back to strahaban until I drove to hobart today..

I will place pictures up. Now for those who have not been to tassie and love to joke about its only take an 1hr from one side to the other... WRONG....  today took me 5hrs from strahan to hobart i did an average of 60kms per hour and each time I was winding up a hill I new I had to winding down it...

But I made it and stopped along the way saw more amazing hidden places.. Tasmaina is one big national park..

Well I have made it and VINNY  and I are just about set up and ready to spend amazing 5.5wks together, My new neighbours are from Port.. so good and they will be here for easter...
I think I am gonig to love Tassie... and I have already fallen in love..

No comments:

Post a Comment