vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tears of the Moon

My time in Broome has been magical, there is something about the aura of the town. I have only been here 5 days but it feels like I have been here forever.

On my arrival to the caravan that I picked the lady was lovely, and  I just had that great feeling I am going to enjoy my time here in Broome. I started getting all unpacked and set everything up all the sides and it as time to relax, I cracked a nice cold cidar, (I was running low on my cidars) but I have not bought anymore as I am on a dry patch, if I am going through dry towns it will help me and I need to get rid of my Cidar Belly.

To me the days just seem to roll into one and I get lost in the moment, but the next day I was in need of some exercise as its been 10days with little activity so I have been doing morning walks and get the day cracking, come back have a dipp in de pool, breaky then head to the beach. So I just chilled all morning at the beach and then went to the 'Pearl Luggars tour' which was the great, I learnt about the history of pearl diving and their equipment, the stories, and even checked out some original equipment from in the hay day. I fell more in  love with pearls more than ever. I also needed a new book and got 'Tears of the Moon' By Di Morressy - Great book all finished could not put it down.

Well it was another early to bed and I had a big day I was going on Pear Tour at Willie Creek, and I learnt the process of how Pearling is done and again I fell in MORE LOVE with Pearls.... I even got to try on a $40000 pearl necklace it was magical, I'll take that thanks... One day I am going to buy a pearl necklace just like that the real deal, no fake one and Salt water ones at that tooo..... (DREAM DREAM DREAM)

After my Pearl tour I was bit tired, big day out on the farm lol... so I had to get some more sunbaking in and afternoon nap before it was time to get some dinner and go to the outdoor garden SUN CINEMA, I felt again in another world. The whole town makes u feel like ur in a movie and its going to get bomed and raided.. But sitting outside the movies, it was great, you saw the planes go over, bats fly around but the most magical part of the evening was the SHOOTING STAR, which I have never seen one fall for so long and soo bright it was just breath taking. I just love Broome.

Yesterday saw me chilling and catching up with friends from Alice which was great, again long time since seening each other.. then I headed home for another nana nap, getting used to them rather well. Which brings me to my final day in Broome... what was I to do.............

Well lil sleep in, walk, breaky, Beach to finish my book off and tan the rigg... getting brown for my challenge to Emma bahah (I got no chance). I headed to the port where all the boat come in with their pearls... lots of ppl fishing off there and one Dickhead (kinda hot) through his whole bloody reel over.. bhaaha rather funny.

Then I went and did a drive by at the Chinese and Japanese Cemerties. I couldn't bring my self to walk around them, but they still amazed me because of the history. But its funny because when u go to where your family is buried its hard and daunting, but going to a place which deemed as a attraction you just don't second question your emotions.. Weird I know , but think about it...

Well for the Love of Broome I am coming back to you........ I gotta say its one of the places thats got under my skin.... However until we meet again I am heading EAST BABY whooooooooooooooo

The Time has come to make that journey back east. it was not long ago I was crossing the Nulla and now hitting the Suvannah Way...

No comments:

Post a Comment