vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fuel game no more

Today I was up nice and early a 12hr sleep does that to u, must have been tired as I am tonite as well.

Another glorious sunrise and the boys and myself were off to get to Ceduna from P.A. Everything started of well and the flinders ranges reminded me off Alice and magic of the sunrise and the red dirt.. just sensational..
Once we past all the pretty redness the road was kinda boring, but I did enjoy the drive, stopped into a town
called Wudinna not sure how it is pronounced but i am think WOO-DINNER... now this drive got me there on half a tank which was more than 210km, which is the distance from wudinna to ceduna. So I was like yeah I can make it too Ceduna with the other half...............

WELL  wasn't I wrong... I have played to fuel game a fews  times this trip but nothing can compare to this round. Now I have not pushed Tezh so far to see how he goes but please Hannah on a trip like this baahaha.

I was 50kms out of Ceduna and the fuel light came on.. Then my heart started racing and mind u it was 25degrees outside we quite warm. I was trying to do calculations in my head if I would make it... and hand started sweating, So the aircon went off, the radio went off and the wind is blowing in my face from outside

The marker was moving closure to the E and it was 10km down 40km to go, then the pep talk started come on tez, I am sorry I am putting u through this, but please don't stop keep going, (now those who have not done this trip 40km to ceduna = nothing but road and the odd driveway)

My Mind was thinking I might have to right my bike to a petrol station, 40km with no gears omg noooo

27km to go and I started singing song 'go tez go' 'if u can't do it no one can'

My driving got down to 60km/hr and car are over taking and staring at me....

then the count down was on 10.5km, 10.3km, 10, 9.5km etc..... Then I found a petrol station put 10bucks in till I found Coles to get a discount and fill up...

My trip for that day that started to get boring ended up being action packed, Adrenalin pumping afternoon,,

made it to Ceduna, and looking for caravan parks and went bush for one and though my car broke, But ended up in town a nice looking one with the jetty and water behind me.

Tomorrow I seem to be doing another 490km, but I will def fill up along the way so there is not another repeat

one thing DEAR Sanata, can u please send me some jerrycans for the next road trip, and xmas in July this is...

No comments:

Post a Comment