vinny and big tez

vinny and big tez
the set up

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eureka Skydeck 88

Finally on Wednesday nite, Trish and I manage to get to the Eureka skydeck and even made it to the top.
I'll give u a run down of the eureka
*highest public vantage point in the southern hemisphere
*300m in height
* top of the tower can flex up to 600mm in high winds
*two 300,000L water tanks on level 90& 91 prevent any excess swaying
* the lifts travel at more than 9metres per second making them the fastest in the southern hemisphere
*3680 stairs - 92 storeys, 52000sq m of windows
*the glass on the top 10 levels is 24carat gold plated
* used 110,000 tonnes of concrete and weighs  200,000tonnes
* only observation deck in the world, that  can step into a glass cube which projects 3 meters out of the building 300m high.

So now that u understand a bit of the tower, can you imagine how high it is...  As Trish and I were in the lift our ears were blocked and popping, and the butterflies were starting to creep into my belly. We stepped out onto the level and u can see everything and the knees a all wobbly.. the tingle feeling in ur stomach of being up so high has set in. But I wanted to do the cube, but at the same time I was sooo nervous... there was no way Trish was coming out, so I go my ticket went to the bathroom to hear someone spewing their guts up (sounded like it), i was looking at Trish WTF....

It was my time to come to hope into the cube and I was hanging onto the rail for dear life. the girl in the toilet spewing was in the cube with me and soooooooo nervous...  they were laying flat down on their bellies... i tried once.. and too scared, then peer pressure from the strangers set in and I laid down... omg sooooo amazing feeling...
I got off and I felt like I was full of Adrenalin, just like when i jumped out of the plane... such  a great feeling......

No comments:

Post a Comment